Mariah Moore, Onaway High School Onaway Michigan Filipino Weapons Demo

PLEASE READ MY OLDER POSTS

To learn more about me, what I do, and what I live for, please read my older posts. There is a lot of insight into my life and my work, not just as a martial artist, but as a human being.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Muskegon Girl Scouts!





On Friday April 25, 2008 I was invited to perform and speak for the Muskegon Girl Scouts.

THOSE GIRLS ARE AMAZING AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME! First I performed for them, then I encouraged them to follow their dreams and to work hard and never give up. Then, we got down to business and learned about stranger danger and I even taught them some basic self defense skills and escapes. They caught on very fast and WOW can they scream loud! When they learned that their voice was their best defense, they nearly shattered the windows! Great Job Girls! After that I performed one more time and then I gave them pictures, signed autographs and just hung out with them for a while...

Thanks Grand Master Bong, for the referral. We all had fun and the girls learned a lot too!

I love to work with kids. I hope to inspire them to try things and to dream big. Also, it's a scary world and I want to make a difference. If I can teach kids some basic skills and arm them with information that can help save thier lives, I will have reached one of my goals.

2 comments:

Hawke said...

Looks like the girls had fun.

You found something that makes your hearts sing. Great to hear that you are also teaching the future generations their own song.

You're a great role model for those girls.

Steve Perry said...

Great pictures. You are doing good things, giving these girls a strong female role model.

Fight Tunes!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

North American International Karate Championships, Detroit Michigan Competition for Grand Champion

Kent County Youth Fair Talent Show 1st Place Performance - Mariah and Noel Loveless "Boom Boom POW!"

Detroit D'Lux Charity Challenge Martial Arts Tournament