Mariah Moore, Onaway High School Onaway Michigan Filipino Weapons Demo

PLEASE READ MY OLDER POSTS

To learn more about me, what I do, and what I live for, please read my older posts. There is a lot of insight into my life and my work, not just as a martial artist, but as a human being.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fall Gathering of the Tribes 2007

Just back from another BIG day of training! This friday was the beginning of all the fun, it was the meet-and-greet! It was a lot of fun and that is where I met all kinds of new people and got to catch-up with the "regulars" that I met in the spring. Then, yesterday (Saturday) was the beginning of the training. We started with Cody Fielding who specializes in RMAX and Russian Sambo. He helped all of us with about a 2-2.5 hour session on grappling and how to coach other people. That was really kewl! I love the idea of grappling (just a hint Mushtaq :0) )

Then we went on to train with Don Young and Chuck Pippin. They went over the kicking techniques. That was really kool because not only do I like to fight people with sticks, I LOVE to kick! (It does help to have long legs :) ) I learned a lot of new kicks that I will have to try out in the ring next week! (On the local circuit, I'm going to compete in the Great Lakes all Star Open next Saturday.) I also learned some awesome new jumping kick combo's. After lunch that day, we went on to train with Buzz Smith. That was awesome because he does some of the Japanese stuff that Sensei teaches and a lot pf the same style that Grand Master Bong does, only different. So that was good to get a different perspective on the Philippine art. I really like these gatherings. I learn so much and it is an awesome workout. Plus, I get to hang with cool people who really understand me!

1 comment:

Bobbe Edmonds said...

Gaaah, what's up with the pink? You suddenly get into a girly mood, little sister?

Fight Tunes!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

North American International Karate Championships, Detroit Michigan Competition for Grand Champion

Kent County Youth Fair Talent Show 1st Place Performance - Mariah and Noel Loveless "Boom Boom POW!"

Detroit D'Lux Charity Challenge Martial Arts Tournament