Mariah Moore, Onaway High School Onaway Michigan Filipino Weapons Demo

PLEASE READ MY OLDER POSTS

To learn more about me, what I do, and what I live for, please read my older posts. There is a lot of insight into my life and my work, not just as a martial artist, but as a human being.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dreaming bigger, working harder, and NOT GIVING UP!

To everyone who was cheering me on for America's got Talent; I got the call back, they said the travel department would call me to make arrangements for me to go to LA on April 8 and 9, but they never did call. Like a few other's, I was put on standby. This is not surprising if you think about the odds. They auditioned over 5,000 in Chicago alone(where I auditioned) and considering the fact that only about 2 of the best of the best and 2 of the worst of the worst(so they can make fun of them) from each city will make it, I AM VERY EXCITED JUST TO HAVE GOTTEN A CALLBACK AT ALL. Of course, I'm disappointed, but sometimes it's good to have a reason to work harder. Yesterday I got another email from AGT stating that the were sorry they could not move more people off the standby list and said that auditions were over for season 4. They asked that I come back next year and try again. My dream is to do film work and my own stunts. AGT is one way for me to get noticed. But, it's not the only way. I am planning to do a professional demo video this summer so that I can audition more often(by sending the demo out) and also, get more exposure on the web.

I'm not giving up. Not making the final cut the first time is only a real good reason for me to come back bigger and better next year with some fresh new ideas, a new costume, and this time, I'M NOT HOLDING ANYTHING BACK! I have some tricks up my sleeve and I'll have a another big year of training with Master Bong, Sensei, Randy Owens, and my new friend-FIRE! I will continue to train 5-6 nights a week in Arnis, Karate, and Gymnastics.

My schedule for the summer is nearly full already with WOTV/WOOD TV Park Parties with Maranda, My Black Belt test in Tennessee!!!! YAY! Modeling for SWMCC, and West Michigan White Caps. I'm saving some time this summer to be a teenager too. I want to go up north and hang out with my family, go to the beach with my friends, and try to make some $$$$ babysitting-hint hint ;0)

Thanks so much for believing in me and for your prayers and all the emails and phonecalls offering support and good wishes. It means a lot to me!

Here is a link to the story that Primetime Chicago did on AGT. I'm featured in the last 30 seconds!
http://comcastcs.com/autouploads/agt.mov

No comments:

Fight Tunes!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

North American International Karate Championships, Detroit Michigan Competition for Grand Champion

Kent County Youth Fair Talent Show 1st Place Performance - Mariah and Noel Loveless "Boom Boom POW!"

Detroit D'Lux Charity Challenge Martial Arts Tournament