Mariah Moore, Onaway High School Onaway Michigan Filipino Weapons Demo

PLEASE READ MY OLDER POSTS

To learn more about me, what I do, and what I live for, please read my older posts. There is a lot of insight into my life and my work, not just as a martial artist, but as a human being.

Friday, November 28, 2008

A Thankful Thanksgiving!

Isn't it amazing how God always has a plan and he puts it in place even before we have a clue .

A long long time ago when I was just starting out in martial arts I competed on the same local martial arts circuit as Craig Marks. Mr. Marks is now an instuctor at Gerald R. Ford Job Corp. To make a long story short, Mr. Marks was recently reading about me on the internet and invited me to speak and perform at Job Corp for his students. When I was there, I was introduced to Jean Pierre- a truly amazing human being who is beautiful, inside and out despite the difficulty life has presented him with.

We always have a houseful on Thanksgiving. Mom cooks too much, we all eat too much, get fat, and have lots of fun! This year was no different. We had all the usual crowd, but this time, we added someone very special. Everyone, Meet Jean Pierre! He is from Rwanda-Africa. When he was very young he lost most of his family to war. He came to the United States as a refugee when he was sixteen but really doesn't have a family. Well,it wasn't long and little brother took care of that! Noah has always felt outnumbered by the girls in the family. Even the cats and dogs are girls! He has always wanted a brother. After they hung out together for just a little while, it was unofficially official. Noah had adopted Jean Pierre and Mom wasn't far behind! Now he has a family, and we have a big brother! We're all Thankful to have Jean Pierre!

One thing leads to another and it all happens according to what God has planned.

1 comment:

Stephen Grey said...

You are a person who has found her calling in life, at a very early age. Don't ever quit.

When I heard about you and watched your youtube clips I was blown away by the fact that you're so young. You have a sort of intensity to you that I see only in the very top tier of instructors and fighters.

I've been doing martial arts for 20 years now and you outclass me completely in stickfighting. I shudder to think where you'd be at in 10 or 20 (or 40) years. You need to keep at it because the MA community needs another massive prodigy.

Fight Tunes!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

North American International Karate Championships, Detroit Michigan Competition for Grand Champion

Kent County Youth Fair Talent Show 1st Place Performance - Mariah and Noel Loveless "Boom Boom POW!"

Detroit D'Lux Charity Challenge Martial Arts Tournament