Mariah Moore, Onaway High School Onaway Michigan Filipino Weapons Demo

PLEASE READ MY OLDER POSTS

To learn more about me, what I do, and what I live for, please read my older posts. There is a lot of insight into my life and my work, not just as a martial artist, but as a human being.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

1st Place!




Last night, I went to the annual Kent County Youth Fair. For the past three years I have been in the youth talent show. This year Mushtaq and Sensei Aaron Bailey came to watch and critique. They helped me a lot. Oh! Sunday night my mom and I went on to the 4-h web site and looked over the rules for the show..... the rules said that the performances HAD to be no more than 4 minnutes. The one I had prepared was 6 minutes. So in the pouring rain at 8 o'clock on Sunday night mom and I had to put together a brand new performance. I have wanted to do a performance to Eye of the tiger for a long time. It is exactly 3:48. It was stressful to cram it together in less than 24 hours but I did it. Sensei said I did great! I think Mushtaq was pleased too. He noticed that I kept my knees bent and had deeper stances. Guess what! I won 1st place and 100.00 dollars to put towards the 2008 World Championships in the Philippines!



A Great Big Thanks To Mushtaq and Sensei for coming and supporting me!!

3 comments:

Bedecki said...

thats asome!

Bobbe Edmonds said...

Nice, Mariah, Good work!!

Hawke said...

Eye of the Tiger is an awesome song.

Gratz on getting first place.

Post the performance on YouTube.

Fight Tunes!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

North American International Karate Championships, Detroit Michigan Competition for Grand Champion

Kent County Youth Fair Talent Show 1st Place Performance - Mariah and Noel Loveless "Boom Boom POW!"

Detroit D'Lux Charity Challenge Martial Arts Tournament