Mariah Moore, Onaway High School Onaway Michigan Filipino Weapons Demo

PLEASE READ MY OLDER POSTS

To learn more about me, what I do, and what I live for, please read my older posts. There is a lot of insight into my life and my work, not just as a martial artist, but as a human being.

Monday, February 21, 2011

St. Patricks School 2011




I always have such a wonderful time at St. Patricks School! Last year I went and did a few performances and spoke to them about achieving dreams and goals, reaching for the stars, and never ever giving up. I also told them about the words that i live by, "I can't means I don't want to". So, this year I thought I would change it up a little bit! I did 2 weapons demos to music, and this time, I talked to the kids about stranger danger and safety awareness! I think it is so important for kids these days to know about the dangers in the world, and how they can easily avoid them. like for instance (one that I ALWAYS make sure to do) never ever park next to a van or vehicle with dark or tinted windows. And if by chance your mom or dad does, get in and out of the car on the other side. After talking about strangers and stranger danger, I took all of the kids on the gymnasium floor and taught them some karate/TKD moves! THEY LOVED IT! I am so happy it went so well! There was an age ranger from k-8th grade and I got feedback that everyone had a ball! :) Can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Fight Tunes!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

North American International Karate Championships, Detroit Michigan Competition for Grand Champion

Kent County Youth Fair Talent Show 1st Place Performance - Mariah and Noel Loveless "Boom Boom POW!"

Detroit D'Lux Charity Challenge Martial Arts Tournament